DNA Stellaris vacuum tube headphone amplifier
What began as an idea in July 2009 is finally a dream come true: Introducing the Stellaris 2A3 vacuum tube headphone amplifier. The Stellaris features bespoke Audio Note UK output transformers and Duelund CAST capacitors, both regarded as the best in the world, for an unparalleled listening experience. Every component is painstakenly selected by ear for the ultimate in sound quality and synergy working together. The result: Greater clarity, resolution, layering, dynamics, punch, slam, and authority. Hear all of the subtle nuances of an instrument being played and inflections in a singer's voice which makes each performance and recording special.
The Stellaris is offered in 2 versions:
1 pair balanced XLR and 1 pair unbalanced RCA inputs. The balanced inputs are accommodated through custom Audio Note UK balanced input transformers - the best available.
Design features include:
• Purist class A single ended triode design
• Output transformers custom made to DNA's specifications in England by Audio Note UK
• Zero feedback or other error correction trickery
• Point-to-point hand wired audio circuitry using carefully selected audiophile components
• Quasi-dual mono power supply with separate filter chokes and capacitors for left and right channels
• Dual 3-pin & 4-pin XLR and 1/4" stereo TRS outputs
• All XLR and 1/4" TRS outputs provide the same power: 1.8W into 50 ohms, 900mW into 100 ohms
• 4-pin XLR output can be used with all headphones - not just the K1000 only. I labeled it "K1000" in honor of the legendary headphone which was the inspiration for developing the Stratus.
• 1/4" stereo TRS outut on -6dB gain attenuation setting has selectable output impedance between 3 ohm (Low setting) and 115 ohm (IEC setting)
• Input selection via rear toggle switch
• TKD volume control potentiometer
• Tube complement:
Input impedance: 50Kohms
Dimensions: 8.5 " H x 17" W x 14 " D (21.6cm H x 43.2cm W x 35.6cm D) including tubes and connectors & controls.
Mains voltage: 100/110/120/220/230/240V factory configurable
"As a current Stratus owner who loves that amp with the 800s, all I can say is that the Stellaris takes the 800s's to a whole nother level!!!"
"The Stellaris, over the Stratus offers much better dynamics, both large (macro) and small (micro). This gives the amp more 'speed' over the Stratus. It is DEAD silent. With the Utopia's I can turn the volume to max and I hear absolutely nothing. There is a large increase in detail over the Stratus. Separation is better and the sound stage seems more deliverate in that the images are more focused and less diffused. The low end is tighter and more solid sounding on the Stellaris. What hasn't changed over the Stratus? The over tonality and texture. The fingerprint of the Stratus is still there. You hear the term 'house sound' thrown around a lot. DNA has a 'house sound' (I suppose) and the Stellaris is right in line with what Stratus owners have grown to love."
"Stellaris is my preferred amp for clarity & definition, speed, features, and general 'hi-res' listening. Its the most versatile in that you can swap out the tubes and shift the sound palette without losing the speed and tonality. Make it warmer, lusher, etc. Most of my headphones sound their best of it and I have yet to hear it actively make any of them sound worse."
"The first thing that strikes me is how clean the Stellaris sounds. It resolves perfectly every last bit of information in songs where the Stratus can get confused on fast passed stuff with lots and lots of detail.
"Having owned the Stellaris close to a year now I can say it's above the Stratus in shear musical enjoyment. I've owned a few TOTL amps(GSX-MK2,WA5,Moon 600i,Liquid Glass,Stratus,Apex Teton, Apex Peak etc.) and all of them are a level or two below with the Teton being the closest even against the Stratus.
What the Stellaris does is perfectly blend tube qualities(smoothness, soundstage, air) with the best SS traits(flat response, hugely dynamic etc.)
I love my Stellaris and will never part with it."
Read more at:
The DNA Stellaris is sold factory direct.
Contact us for information how to purchase
Love the sound of silver? Inquire about the Stellaris Special and Silver Stellaris.
Features of the Stellaris Special include:
• Upgraded Audio Note output transformers with 50% nickel cores, copper primary and silver secondary windings
• Audio Note silver tantalum plate-loading resistors
• Custom 41-step TKD stepped attenuator
Features of the Silver Stellaris include:
• Audio Note silver-wound input transformers
• Audio Note output transformers with 50% nickel cores and all-silver primary & secondary windings
• Audio Note silver tantalum resistors for input-transformer loading and plate-loading
• Silver internal wiring
• Duelund CAST silver foil capacitors
• Custom 41-step TKD stepped attenuator
Copyright © 2001 - 2017 Donald North Audio LLC. All rights reserved.